Thursday, September 11, 2003

Cavalcade

So this is a test. More than a test hava no, but bloody poem, hava yes. That’ll do for a test. It’s bloody midnight already, and if I had a badger, I’d set it on someone – possibly my lonesome. Ah yesm, I wrotes it meself, both badger wish and poem.



And meanwhile, poem:



Cavalcade



I have seen the war upon the sand

heresy of armies scattered in the grain

thunder of the horses, quieting of horses

hobbling of horses, feeding at the sand

riderless, armored to no man



I have seen the dust to which I shall begin

ended in an instant, retinal shock

unable, blocking panacea, mecium again

paranormal vision, river done and done

blind tallow in the sun



I have seen eternity living in my eyes

parasitic knowledge for the armament of lies

apprehending patterns, fading in the dome

for no one’s home is humble

the river reaps its own



and I have seen horizons upended like a bowl

the word that splits the world spoken

the worm the spits the world spoken

riderless, so many horses

spinning in the sand

No comments: