So, today, bad crap happened at the Boston marathon. Here's what I take away from that: Someone did something awful and *look at all these people running towards the danger to help out*
Those people, running into the threat? Those people, whom I don't know at all, those people I love. I'm moved to joy instead of fear, and while I may grieve the loss - a friend of mine just missed dying there, and I still don't know status on some other folks - what I take away is that while those seeking violence and attention may do harm, people rise above it.
We - national we - lost people today. I say: Don't give the benefit of fear to those who took them. Instead, love the ones who stood their ground and did what they could. Love the ones hurt. Love the ones lost. Or if love isn't your thing, that's OK - remember instead that people helping people is one heck of a lot stronger than terror when we permit and demand it be so.
No comments:
Post a Comment