Monday, October 26, 2015

wetdryvac: Dalecarlian rune wide brush calligraphy:...





wetdryvac:

Dalecarlian rune wide brush calligraphy: http://ift.tt/1RvJwbR

Working with silk screen ink in a 1:4 dillution and more than three day’s drying time. More about the crazy-pants that is the dalecarlian set here: http://ift.tt/1Zh902f

Each rune is on 11″x17″ paper, scanned at 600 DPI, because then it’ll work for the really big prints.

Reblogging my own self because in working on the next batch of runes - Anglo-Saxon Futhorc coming up in a bit - I buggered up eight of ‘em because I sorted the wrong runes in.

You know the term, “About as much fun as watching paint dry?” I *like* watching paint dry, but that’s because I typically work in watercolor. Fast drying, and I can chivy it along with a hairdryer if I want to done sooner or want sharper edges on some water-heavy section.

Working with screen ink dilutions however: Buggering up eight pieces means waiting about three days for the ink to dry. It’s textile ink, and it dries slow, so … here I am, and instead of having fun watching the paint dry, I’m having fun doing other projects while the paint drys.

Downside: One rune project can fill a whole room’s drying space. I only get to do one set at a time because otherwise I’ll be working in the hallway with the cats and little black footprints on my head in the night.

On the other hand, this means I’m far less likely to mix runes from one set into another again. I hope.


from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1KA9yp2
via IFTTT

No comments: