Thursday, December 03, 2015

Well, that was odd. Post attempt number two.* * *Scan a...





Well, that was odd. Post attempt number two.

* * *

Scan a painting, do a set of reps. This is a good plan until you’re working with 48 paintings - or, in this case, calligraphic runes - all in one go. Working with light weights, so a, “Set,” In this case tended towards five quick sets of ten of bent over dumbbell rows, or similar.

Now, Macromannic runes are scanned and I’m somewhat more sore than I usually find myself on a Thursday.

* * *

Macromannic Runes, a scholarly attempt at phonetic Latin runic writing - prints: http://ift.tt/1XKpdtj

It’s stuff like this that occasionally makes me use the word, “Crazy-pants,” But happily, there’s a lot more crazy stuff out there, so we won’t run out.

Things that were extra-exciting about this particular project: The image count came out such that I could make a perfectly tiling pattern of the entire set, and the ink was cold enough to trail with more white space than usual, which I like.

Things that were differently, more frighteningly extra-exciting about this project: While drying for two days, it smelled vaguely of fermented shrimp paste (blachang) without the added goodness of chili. I wasn’t really up for that odor, and the concern I have for the haunting of my ink grows apace.

Somewhere, I suspect the ghosts of writings past is lurking with friendly cooking malice.


from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1Q36dah
via IFTTT

No comments: