Alchemical Symbols, hand inked, for print: http://ift.tt/27LFru2
Let’s start this way: I had absolutely no idea what I was getting into when I agreed to this project. I was expecting earth, air, fire, water, and a basic set of elements. Instead, while there’s some variance across different reference sets, there seem to be a fairly consistent 280 symbols. Which took eight days to ink. Which took a day of drying per day of inking. Which took a day of scanning and editing at 11"x17" at 600 DPI. Five days uploading just the inverted set to the print provider. Another five coming up for the non-inverted set. Let’s just say the client got their trade’s worth on this one, and I’m very glad to be able to provide prints and shirts and whatnot to the rest of the world because pay in trade rocks, but pay in cash keeps me fed.
Holy pants. Half a month on this.
Learned a lot, had a lot of fun, and got weird Abramalin the Mage dreams to boot.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/258t0Gj
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment