Physical component: Watercolor paint and colored pencil on wireframe reference-printed paper. Very rough actual paint work, since I wasn’t even remotely sure this would work at all.
I’ve been doing a bunch of digital work for Project C.A.R.S. liveries - not affiliated with Project C.A.R.S., mind, just my own player-specific stuff - and one of the things I’ve enjoyed doing in other environments is bringing in a completely physical element to such tasks. In this case, I figured it might be worth trying to paint a car entirely in watercolor. This is how it happened.
Mind, I’m only testing this for myself, so instead of spending hours building a light table so I could print the wireframe on one sheet, shine a light through it, and paint on the next sheet up, I just painted right into the printed wireframe. A very basic wash approach, some splattering, and some minor detail work. Four sets of drying time, I think.
11"x17" printed wireframe, painted, scanned, color corrected, leveled, tweaked, inverted, and exported as skin.
Kinda wish Steam had an agreement with the folks at Project C.A.R.S to micro-transact for game addons the way they do for a bunch of other games.
*grins*
And I if I can find a selling place for such things with proper licensing and all, I may well take up physical art -> digital skin as a job I commission out for, or sell generally.
For now, though, a day of work and figuring out the bits and pieces: I’m pleased with the results.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/25vpSIb
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment