Wednesday, July 20, 2016

I like mandalas. I’ve been doing some on commission. They take...



I like mandalas. I’ve been doing some on commission. They take bloody ages to do, and meeting the desires of the commissioner is always a trick - so I finally took the time to make one for my own self.

It’s important to understand that I only almost see how they’ll turn out while I’m painting the wedge, accounting in my head for both the symmetry and the mirroring with the inversion.

Thus, each time I do the inversion on the final of a bit of art - and especially on a mandala, there’s a bit of a, “Did it come out OK?” And then relief. So far, always relief, as so far I haven’t buggered on up. This one though, the end was: “Holy *CENSORED*”

This is exactly what I didn’t know I wanted, and I’d somehow run the color inversion incorrectly in my head, so I was expecting a slightly different outcome - and yet it’s exactly for-me-perfect.

Now I just need a day or three to get my brain back.

Prints will come later, as I hit the upload cap on my print provider.

Commissions are open: $1500 and up for a just-for-you bloody huge metal final, and I’m about a month out on fulfillment, not including shipping time. Note: commissions on other inversion art costs less, but if you want a metal print, the production cost and shipping gets added. Mandalas, at least for now - July, 2016 - include production cost and shipping.

Contact form for commissions is at http://ift.tt/1RqUMGQ


from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2a1ICrq
via IFTTT

No comments: