Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Most recent work, with prints:...







Most recent work, with prints: http://ift.tt/2hQpU6f

Final version, now shot better, after a whole fiasco of argh.

Large format works are a complete pain to shoot. This one especially so, and largely due to my own clumsiness after being gassed out by the paint, despite wearing a breather.

First light setup didn’t work. Second light setup, I broke four stupidly expensive photography CFLs by hooking a leg on the cord when I had the hood of the array dismounted for changing bulbs.

Scavenged bulbs from another kit, then discovered that the stitching was going insane and crashing, so had to do it in five stripes with a bunch of manual edits - and then stitch the stripes and manually edit some more.

Correcting for the lighting, correcting for the color issues…

It was a process, and I’m glad it’s done, but these huge pieces are almost always rewarding enough to keep doing the next.

Next up, I guess, building a rig for shooting downwards by a grid, so I don’t have to muck about with uneven shooting distances after the fact, as that’s what mostly wonks the stitching.

Much pleased with with both the red and blue versions of this.


from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2j9cRlA
via IFTTT

No comments: