I know, the photos are terrible, but when I’m not painting, I do up projects for other folks. Sometimes those projects are masks.
Not cured yet, but dry. Seriously happy with the process. Next go, I think I’ll try to wrinkle it up more.
1) Mask form.
2) Vasaline.
3) Titebond wood glue.
4) India ink.
5) Bed sheet initially purchased as photo backdrop.
Yes, the requesting person knew going in that getting all the cat hair out wasn’t happening. If wanted, trimmed before sent out.
Advantages to this method: Structurally sound with just two to three layers. Light weight. Can be dyed heavier to cut cloth color coming through if desired - but equally, can be done up so the cloth shows through significantly more. Wood glue dries nearly clear when it’s not dyed.
Yep, I know mask making is addictive.
Want a custom mask? Feel free to yell over at wetdryvac.net.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2nRUQub
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment