

One of the things I worked out while painting for The Hero’s Journey was the scripting for some layout modifications - getting a disruption in pattern I liked so a new pattern could be built, and so on. One of the main differences between painting commissioned work and taking the tools learned and built for a project to apply to my own stuff is that usually, I’m painting purely from what’s in my head.
No sketching, no various mad, “How do I make this work with this?” Etc. Just paint to paper and walk of to think about it some and…
…come back to discover that the cat dragged the painting off where it was drying, batted at the rinse water, and the tracked horrible all over the thing. And me only gotten so far as, “Well, I’ve got a wash I like, and I think this’ll mix nicely with…”
Calico Doom Fluff: “I helped.”
Me: “You wee *censored* violin strapping *censored*.”
CDF: “It’s better now.”
Me: “It’s dirty.”
CDF: “It’s art.”
Me: “You art clearly needs an audience.”
CDF: “Medusa.”
Me: “Well, OK then. You’re sure?”
CDF: “Stony death is clearly called for.”
Me: “All right then. Let’s see what happens.”
I’m rather pleased/horrified with the results, and twice so in the second editing approach, which I almost but not quite got the color shifts correctly compensated for while painting. Yay/whoops? Something, anyhow. Thanks meow.
Prints https://www.redbubble.com/shop/wetdryvac+stp+recent
Next up: Stuffing my head back under the dark things, because OW.
from Tumblr https://ift.tt/2G8CRK6
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment