Friday, September 26, 2025

Me: *points RGB light kit on slow roll out the back door, takes pictures* Neighbors calling: “Are…

Me: *points RGB light kit on slow roll out the back door, takes pictures*
Neighbors calling: “Are you home? Are you seeing what I’m seeing?”
Me, confused: “I’m shooting photos. Where are you?”
Neighbors: “Something near your house is GLOWING*

I have two options at this point. Sanity and chaos. Unfortunately, what emits is, "Oh, cool, I hadn’t realized it would be visible from your place. Sorry about that.” With no further explanation, because I’m trying to hold the camera - which is the phone I’m talking to them on - steady.

There is a pause.

Neighbors: “Are you OK?”
Me: “Oh, yeah, this thing’s just slippery after I got rain on it.”
Dog: *smashes into lawn mower and oil tank trying to get to the outside*
Me, subsequently smashed into: *Drops light kit, which turns off*
Me: “Don’t *do* that!”

There is *another* pause.

Neighbors, from phone somewhere under oil tank now: “We’ll leave you to it then, shall we?”
Dog, smashing into even more things and now barking at the phone: *brings me down with a grunt*
Me: “Yeah, I’m good. Everything is fine here. How are you guys doing?”
Neighbors: “All good. You have a good night now.”


from Tumblr https://ift.tt/U783Clp
via IFTTT

No comments: